Euthyrox 100 mcg is a prescription medicine used to treat the symptoms of hypothyroidism and myxedema coma. It is a replacement for a hormone normally produced by your thyroid gland to regulate the body’s energy and metabolism. Levothyroxine euthyrox is given when the thyroid does not produce enough of this hormone on its own.
Euthyrox 100 mg price in Egypt 2023
At Beauty Expert, Euthyrox price is available for purchase for just 290 EGP per packet.
Euthyrox 100 mcg uses
- Help to treat an underactive thyroid (hypothyroidism) and improve thyroid function.
- Replaces or provides more thyroid hormone, which is normally produced by the thyroid gland.
- Give you maintain normal mental and physical activity.
- Relapse prevention following euthyroid goitre surgery.
- Used for therapy in hypothyroidism.
- Treat other types of thyroid disorders (such as thyroid cancer).
- Helps you get rid of these symptoms such as tiredness, weight gain, and muscle aches.
- Decrease the size of an enlarged thyroid gland, also known as goiter.
- Help with increasing the rate of cell metabolism and energy.
Euthyrox 100 mg ingredients
The active ingredient in euthyrox is 100 mcg of levothyroxine sodium.
Euthyrox 100 dosage
- Take Euthyrox tablet 100 mg in the dose and duration as advised by your doctor.
- Swallow it as a whole. Do not chew, crush or break Euthyrox 100 mcg tablet.
- The daily doses can be given in a single administration.
- Ingestion: as a single daily dose in the morning on an empty stomach, half an hour before breakfast, preferably with a little liquid (for example, half a glass of water).
You may also like Now kelp 150 mcg – 200 thyroid tablets
Euthyrox side effects
The most common side effects of euthyrox medicament are caused by taking a higher dose than you need. Possible side effects include:
- Palpitations (irregular heartbeat).
- Weight loss.
Call your doctor straight away if you have any very serious side effects, include:
- High temperature.
- Fast or irregular heart rate.
- Low blood pressure.
- Yellowness in the eye/skin.
Euthyrox medicine warning
- You may not be able to take euthyrox if you have certain medical conditions.
- Don’t take euthyrox medication if you are allergic to levothyroxine or any ingredients of the medication.
- Consult your doctor if you are having a heart attack or have inflammation of the heart or heart muscles.
- Don’t take euthyrox medicine if you have acute thyrotoxicosis (too much thyroid hormone in your system) or uncorrected adrenal insufficiency.
- Consult your doctor before taking tab Euthyrox 100 mg if you are pregnant or are taking medications for an overactive thyroid.
- You should take thyroid medicine euthyrox regularly to get the maximum benefit.
- If you miss a dose of euthyrox tablet, take it as soon as possible. However, if it is almost time for your next dose, skip the missed dose and go back to your regular schedule. Do not double the dose.
- Do not stop using euthyrox thyroid medication without consulting your doctor.
- Do not give thyroid medication euthyrox to anyone else, even if they have the same symptoms as you do.
You may also like Eltroxin 100 mcg for thyroid gland treatment – 100 tablets
Frequently asked questions about euthyrox 100 mcg
What is euthyrox used for?
Levothyroxine is used to treat an underactive thyroid (hypothyroidism). It replaces or provides more thyroid hormone, which is normally produced by the thyroid gland. Low thyroid hormone levels can occur naturally or when the thyroid gland is injured by radiation/medications or removed by surgery.
Is euthyrox the same as levothyroxine?
Euthyrox is a brand-name prescription medication used to treat an underactive thyroid, also known as hypothyroidism. This medication is available in the form of an oral tablet and is currently covered by all Medicare plans. The generic version of this drug is levothyroxine.
When is the best time to take euthyrox?
Euthyrox works best if you take it on an empty stomach, 30 to 60 minutes before breakfast. Follow your doctor’s dosing instructions and try to take the medicine at the same time each day.
Does Euthyrox reduce weight?
Euthyrox should not be used as a treatment for weight loss or obesity. It is not uncommon for people with low thyroid levels to lose up to 10% of their body weight when starting thyroid medications, such as Euthyrox.
Ask about our Euthyrox 100 mcg tablet offers at a special price and enjoy our best offers at Beauty Expert, by contacting us on the following numbers: