Salazopyrin 500mg belongs to the class of medications called anti-inflammatories. It is used to treat inflammatory bowel diseases such as ulcerative colitis and Crohn’s disease. The enteric-coated tablets can also help treat rheumatoid arthritis.
Salazopyrin 500mg tablets price in Egypt 2023
At Beauty Expert, Salazopyrin 500mg price is available for purchase for just 400 EGP per packet.
- Treat and manage ulcerative colitis and Crohn’s disease which are inflammatory bowel diseases.
- Helps control symptoms by reducing chronic inflammation in the bowel.
- Treat rheumatoid arthritis, which is a painful joint disease.
- Help prevent damage to your joints.
- Works to slowly reduce the swelling and stiffness in your joints.
Salazopyrin 500mg ingredients
The active ingredient is sulfasalazine which is an immunosuppressive and an anti-nflammatory medicine.
- Magnesium stearate.
- Maize starch.
- White beeswax.
- Glyceryl monostearate.
- Macrogol 20000.
Salazopyrin 500mg dosage
- This may depend on your age, your condition and whether or not you are taking any other medicines.
- Salazopyrin should be swallowed whole after meals with a full glass of water.
- It is important to maintain adequate fluid intake while taking salazopyrin tablets 500mg.
- Do not crush, break or chew salazopyrin en tablet.
- Salazopyrin tablets are usually taken after meals at evenly spaced intervals over a 24-hour period.
- Inflammatory bowel disease:
- Adults: the usual initial dose is 2 to 4 tablets, four times a day. The usual maintenance dose is 4 tablets a day.
- Children: your doctor will determine the proper dose, taking into account the age and weight of the child.
- Salazopyrin dosage rheumatoid arthritis:
- Adults: the usual dose is 2 salazopyrin en 500mg tablets, two to three times a day. It is usual to start taking tab salazopyrin at a lower dose and gradually increase.
- salazopyrin 500 mg tablet is not recommended for treating rheumatoid arthritis in children.
You may also like Neurobion ampoule injection vitamin B group -10 ampoules x 3 ml
Salazopyrin side effects
All medicines can have side effects and it may have unwanted side effects in a few people, such as:
- Nausea and vomiting.
- Loss of appetite.
- Raised temperature.
- Sore throat.
- Enlarged glands.
- Stomach pains.
- Change in sense of smell or taste.
- Ringing in the ears.
- Increased sensitivity to light.
Tell your doctor as soon as possible if you notice any of the following:
- Chest pain.
- Redness and itchiness of the skin.
- Allergic reactions.
- Swelling of the face.
- Loss of hair.
- Signs of liver disease.
- Severe pain in the loins or pain on urination.
You may also like: Methylcobalamin 500 mg – Vitamin B12 tablet
Salazopyrin 500 mg warning
- Consult your doctor before taking tab salazopyrin.
- Before you start taking salazopyrin, tell your doctor if you are pregnant or are breastfeeding.
- Follow all directions given to you by your doctor or pharmacist carefully.
- Taking other medicines tell your doctor or pharmacist if you are taking any other medicines
- Do not take salazopyrin tablets if you have an allergy to sulfasalazine or sulfur-containing medicines, some oral hypoglycemics (diabetes medicine), thiazide diuretics, or salicylates, e.g., aspirin.
- If you are not sure if you have or have had an allergic reaction to salazopyrin medication, check with your doctor.
- Do not take salazopyrin 500 mg tablet if you have kidney or liver problems or a blood disorder.
- If you have intestinal or urinary obstruction or porphyria (a rare disease of blood pigments), you should not take it.
- Do not take salazopyrin en tabs if the expiration date (Exp.) on the carton has passed.
- Do not stop taking tab salazopyrin or change the dose without first checking with your doctor.
- If you forget to take your salazopyrin en tabs, take your next dose at the normal time it is due.
- If you are going to have surgery, tell the surgeon or anaesthetist that you are taking this medicine.
- Do not give salazopyrin tablets 500mg to anyone else, even if they have the same condition as you.
- If you have dizziness or hallucinations, do not drive, operate machinery, or do anything else that could be dangerous.
You may also like Solpadeine tablets for all types of muscle pain
Frequently asked questions about salazopyrin 500mg
What is the drug Salazopyrin used for?
Salazopyrin medication is used to treat and manage ulcerative colitis and Crohn’s disease which are inflammatory bowel diseases. Salazopyrin en tablets are also used to treat rheumatoid arthritis, which is a painful joint disease and help prevent damage to your joints.
Salazopyrin a pain killer?
salazopyrin is a type of drug known as a disease-modifying anti-rheumatic drug (DMARD). It reduces inflammation, pain and swelling in your joints and may reduce the progression of your condition.
What type of medication is Salazopyrin?
salazopyrin is used to treat ulcerative colitis and Crohn’s disease, and other types of inflammatory bowel disease. It can also be used to treat rheumatoid arthritis. It belongs to a group of medicines called aminosalicylates.
Does Salazopyrin cause weight gain?
salazopyrin may cause kidney problems that lead to fluid build-up in your body and weight gain.
Does sulfasalazine cause cancer?
salazopyrin could induce ferroptotic cell death in head and neck cancer.
Ask about our Salazopyrin 500mg offers at a special price and enjoy our best offers at Beauty Expert, by contacting us on the following numbers: